Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes: CBSE | Chapter 2 | Civics
Introduction:- In Constitutional Design class 9 notes we explain about What is the constitution? Why Constitution we need? Making of The Indian Constitution, Guidelines of Indian Constitution and so many things you learn in this notes. So let’s start it.
What is Constitution?
- It’s a set of well-defined written laws of a country and it determines the relationship of the citizens with the governments.
- It also includes 3 important points:-
- 1. Right to the citizen,
- 2. Power of the government,
- 3. How the government should function.
Democratic Constitution in South Africa
What is Apartheid?
- Its a policy of racial discrimination under which the people are separated or classified on the basis of race, skin color- black or white.
- The apartheid name was first used about 1948 to describe the racial segregation policies embraced by the white minority government(in Africa).
What is Segregation?
- Under this black of South Africa were discriminate against by whites.
- Under this policy blacks were forbidden from living places of white, trains, buses, taxis, hotels, hospitals, schools, cinema halls, public toilets were all separate for whites and blacks.
Why the apartheid system have was oppressive for the blacks in South Africa?
- Blacks were forbidden from living in white areas.
- They could work in white areas only when they have a permit.
- Trains, buses, taxis, hospitals, schools, libraries, college, cinema mall, theaters, beaches were all separate for whites and blacks. There was called segregation.
- They could not visit the churches were whitely worship.
- Blacks could not form an association to protest against racial discrimination.
What changes have been bring in the constitution of South Africa 1994?
- As protests and struggles against apartheid increased.
- The white government thought or realized that they no longer suppress the blacks.
- They agreed to abolish the apartheid system. They decided on the new government.
- All were given equal rights.
- A new South Africa was built where all men and women of all the races are equal.
- Ban on political parties and restrictions on media were lifted.
- At the mid-point night of 26 April 1994, the new national flag of the Republic of South Africa was unfurled.
Explain the role of Nelson Mandela in promoting democracy in South Africa? (V.imp.)
- Nelson Mandela was a prominent leader of South Africa(this party was ANC African National Congress).
- He brought against racial discrimination.
- He was put into prison in 1946 for treason and spent 28 years in prison.
- In 1994, the first democratic election was held in South Africa.
- He became the president of South Africa.
Explain the struggle of South African people against apartheid?
- The policy of apartheid was impose by whites cover blacks under this policy were discriminate against on the basis of skin color.
- ANC(African National Congress) party led the struggle against apartheid.
- Much sensitive white trade unions and community parties joined ANC.
- As a protest against apartheid increased government realized that they no longer continue with their apartheid policy.
- They abolished the apartheid policy.
- After 28 years of imprisonment Nelson Mandela come out of jail or free man.
- On 2nd April 1994, the new flag of South Africa was flagged.
- The election was held and Nelson Mandela becomes the new president of South Africa.
What is the Constitution?
- Constitution:- The constitution of the country is a set of written rules that are accept by the people living together in a country.
- It’s the supreme law of the country.
- It determines the right of citizens the power of the government and the new government should function.
Why Constitution we need? (imp.)
- Specification ➥ It tells that law the government will be the constitution and who has the powers to take the major decision.
- Trust & co-ordinate ➥ It general trust and co-ordinate because different types of people are living in the country.
- Right and duties ➥ It gives the right to citizens to take the duties of government.
- Power of the government ➥ It defines the power of the government.
- Government functioning ➥ It also determines how government functions.
- Good society ➥ It ensures people about creating a good.
How did the white and black people agree to draw up a common constitution for South Africa?
- After 28 years of imprisonment nelson Mandela come out from jail as a free man.
- On 26th April 1994, the unfurls the newly of south Africa.
- Election held and nelson Mandela elected as the new president.
- After the emergence of the new South Africa black leaders appealed follow black give whites.
- They agreed not to damages the wealth and properties of whites.
- After two years of discrimination, they drafted the finest constitution in the world.
- They agreed to live together and decided to have some constitution.
- The new constitution gives citizens extensive rights.
- It’s the first finest constitution in the world.
Making of the Indian Constitution
What were the difficulties faced during the making of the Indian constitution? (imp.)
- The making of the constitution for a huge and diverse country like India was not easy.
- The country was divide between India and Pakistan near about 10,00,000 people were kill from both sides.
- The British rule had left it to the princely states decide whether they wanted to merge with India or Pakistan.
Explain the major factor which contributed to the making of the Indian constitution?
- Rule of leader:- In 1928 Motilal Nehru and political leader draft a constitution.
- Congress session:- In 1931 in the Karachi session of congress, a relation passed about the constitution of independent India.
- The role of British rule:- Indian expression from British rules likes setting the Institutional resign as legislative, executive, and judiciary.
- Experience from a world event:-
➢ French revolution,
➢ The practices of parliament,
➢ Democracy in British,
➢ The bits of right.
Explain the role of the constituent assembly in the farming of the Indian constitution.
- Meaning of constitution assembly ➥ An assembly of people representative that writes a constitution for a country.
- Rule of constitution assembly ➥
- Election to the constituent assembly was held in July 1946.
- The constitution assembly worked ina systematic open and consensual manner.
- Its first meeting was held in December 1946.
- After partition, the constituent assembly was divide into India and Pakistan.
- There are 299 members in the constituent assembly of India.
- Then a drafting committee was form having 7 members and its head was Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
- Seral round of decision held clause of the clause.
- They have 114 days used for decision.
- The making of the constitution took 2years 11months 18days.
- All debates and decision of constitution assembly was recorder or preserved.
Constituent Assembly Debates:- The constitution was adopt on 26th November 1949. At last, the constitution of India was implement on 26th January 1950 these days is celebrated as republic day.
Guidelines Value of Indian Constitution
What were the value suggest by Mahatma Gandhi for the constitution of India?
- Mahatma Gandhi was not members of the constituent assembly but his visions followed by the members of the constituent assembly.
- In 1931 in this magazine they wanted to release(freedom) Indians from British rule.
- He also suggested political equality. He wanted to remove the untouchable.
- Women enjoy some rights as men.
- He wanted to remove it into untouchables from our country.
- He expressed that all citizens of India live together with harmony.
Main Provision of our Constitution & their Origin
- The parliament from a government
- Fundamental right
- The principle of liberty equality & fraternity
- The concept of social & economical the directive principle of the state.
- British constitution
- U.S. constitution
- French constitution & U.S.S.R. constitution
- JRJSH constitution
Describe the value of the Indian constitution includes in the ‘Preamble’?
- The people of India ➥ The constitution has been drawn up and enacted by the people through their representatives.
- Sovereign ➥ People have the supreme right to makes decisions on the interval as well as external matter.
- Socialist ➥ Wealth is generated socially and should be shown equally, socially.
- Secular ➥ Citizens have complete freedom to flow any religion.
- Democratic ➥ A form of government where people enjoy equal political rights elect their rules and hold them accountable.
- Republic ➥ The holder of the state(head of the country P.M.) in an elected person.
- Justice ➥ Citizens can not be discriminate against on the ground of caste religion & gender.
- Liberty ➥ There is no restrictions on what citizens think to express where they ga, what occupation they choose etc.
- Equality ➥ All people are equal before the law, social inequality has to be ended. The government ensures opportunity for all.
- Fraternity ➥ All of the should behave as if we are a member of some family no one should treat a follow citizen as information.
About- Constitutional Design class 9 notes
In Constitutional Design Class 9 notes you find important questions, a complete explanation of the Constitutional Design chapter and so many other things. This chapter is very easy to learn because everything we talk point to point and we not making this chapter boring. So if you did not read Constitutional Design class 9 notes then read NOW!
Read other chapter notes…
Democratic Rights Class 9 Notes | Civics
Electoral Politics Class 9 Notes | Civics
The French Revolution Class 9 Notes | History
People as a Resource Class 9 Notes | Economics
The Story of Village Palampur Class 9 Notes | Economics
Poverty as a Challenge Class 9 Notes | Economics
Food Security in India Class 9 Notes | Economics
Food Security in India Class 9 Notes | Economics
India Size and Location Class 9 Notes | Geography
Drainage Class 9 Notes | Geography
Climate Class 9 Notes | Geography
Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Class 9 Notes | Geography
Population Class 9 Notes | Geography
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)↓