Democratic Rights Class 9 Notes: CBSE | Chapter 5 | Civics
Introduction:- In Democratic Rights class 9 notes we learn so many things like What is the rights, need right in a democracy, right in the Indian Constitution, right to Freedom, rights to Equality and so many other topics we see in Democratic Rights Class 9 Notes so read this notes completely. So let’s start it.
What is the rights?
- Rights are reasonable claims of a person recognize by society and confirm by law.
- And right need everyone from human to animal because everyone needs freedom to express their feelings without any blockage or pressure.
We Read 3 Case Study Where Rights are Exploit
Case study I ➤ Prison in Guantanamo Bay
- It’s a place which is situated in Cuba controlled by American Navy.
- Near about 600 people were arrest from all over the world and put them into jail.
- They were responsible for the terrorist attack on new york on 11th September 2001 at the world trade center.
- These(600 people) were no informed to their government, families, and even to media.
- There was no trial for them before any magistrate.
- Even could they could no approach to the court of the won country.
How the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay were treated?
- The prisoner was being tortured in many ways that violated US laws.
- They were not allow to meet their families.
- There was no trial for them.
- They did not contact their country court.
- The US secretary-general said that it should be close down.
- But the US refused to accept this.
Fact:- Amnesty international is an international human right organisation.
Case study II ➤ Citizen right in Saudi Arabia
- The country ruled by a king and the king himself selects the executives and legislative.
- A citizen cannot form any political organization.
- The king appoints the judge and changes their decision.
- There is no freedom of religion every citizen is require to be Muslim.
- Non-muslim can fallow their religion in private.
- There is any restriction on women. Man marries two or more women.
Case study III ➤ Ethnic massacre in Kosovo
- Kosovo was the state of Yugoslavia before it split.
- Its production is divide into Tanzanian and sellers and Serbs were in the majority.
- A Serb nationalist Milosevic party headed won the election.
- This government was very hostile to Albanians.
- The Serbs wanted to dominate over Albanians they told to left the country or accept the dominance Serb.
- Albanians were massacres by Serbs and it was oppose by serval countries.
- Milosevic party lost power and tried by an international court and far guilty for crimes against humanity.
What is the difference between the above mentioned three case?
- The case of Guantanamo Bay related to the government of one country denying the right to a citizen of another country.
- In the case of Saudi Arabia, the right of the citizen of was denying by the government of their own country but the form of the government was a monarchy.
- In case of Kosova, the right of the citizen was denying by the government of their country to whom they selected in a democratic election.
Why do we need right in a democracy?
- Equality before law for example right to vote to elect the government of our own choice.
- Citizen has the right to express their opinion.
- Anybody can form political parties and take part in political activities.
- Protection of minorities from the majority.
- Right, give us the protection that nothing goes wrong to us.
- Freedom to move from one state to another. To practice the region we want.
- To do a job we prefer. For our safety.
Define right in the Indian Constitution
- There is six fundamental right to the Indian constitution.
➢ Right to equality(Article 14-18)
➢ Right to freedom(Article 19-22)
➢ Right against exploitation(Article 23-24)
➢ Right to freedom of religion(Article 25-28)
➢ Cultural and educational right(Article 29-30)
➢ Right of constitutional remedies(Article 32-35)
- Right, are mention in article 12 to 35 of Indian constitutional before this are 7 fundamental right the right to property is now declare as the legal law.
Fact:- The 7th fundamental right in add on August 28, 2019. The right of privacy now these is fundamental right.
➦ Define rights to Equality
The right to equality include ➠
- Equality before law.
- The probation of discrimination on the ground of religion race caste gender or place of birth.
- Equality of opportunity in the matter of employment.
- Abolition of untouchability and abolition of the letter.
- Every citizen access public facilities like shops, hotel, and hospital, etc.
➦ Define right to Freedom
- Freedom:- Freedom means absense of constituent this right give us.
- Freedom of speech and expression.
- Formation of assembly, association, and union and movement in a peaceful manner.
- Move freely throughout the country.
- Resides in any post of the country.
- Practice any profession to carry any profession trade and business. Right to life.
If a person is arrest he has some right. Explain it.
- If a person is arrest the right to be informed of the reason for the asset.
- He demands to show an arrest warrant.
- The arrest person shall be produced be before the nearest magistrate with a period of 2 hours of arrest.
- He has the right to consult a lawyer or engage a lawyer for this defense.
- If a person is arrested the right to be informed of the reason for the arrest.
➦ Define right against Exploitation
This right gives clear provision to prevent exploitation of the weaker section of the society.
Three evils are declared illegal ➠
- The constitution prohibits the trafficking of humans.
- Trafficking means buying and selling human especially women.
- The constitution prohibits the forced.
➦ Define right to Freedom of Religion
- India is a secular state in the state where all religion is given equal importance.
- In India, every citizen has the right to:-
➢ Propagate any religion
➦ Define Cultural and Educational right
- This right preserves the right minorities.
- This is the written guarantee of the right of the minorities.
- These right are:-
➢ Every citizen with a distinct language or culture has the right to conserve it.
➢ They take admission to the army government and education of institutions.
➢ They receive any type of government aid(hospital facilities).
- All minorities have the right to established any educational institution of their own.
What is Bonded labor?
- When the beggar takes place on life long basic is called bonded labor.
- The constitution prohibits child labor.
- Children below the age of 14 are prohibited to work in industries of beedi chemical industries mines, explosive firecracker factory or matchbox factories.
Begar:- Its a practice where the worker is forced to render service for free.
➦ Right to Constitutional Remedies
How can we secure our fundamental right?
- This right makes another fundamental right effective.
- Some time our right is violated by fellow citizen private bodies or government that.
- Then by using this right, we can directly move to the supreme court to get justice.
- Our B. R. Ambedkar called this right(the heart and soul of our constitution).
Right of privacy(just introduced 24 august 2019)
- Right, are expanded from time to time as we needed it like.
- It is a very important Right to freedom of the press in a democratic country.
- And also right to Information(RTI) and it was passed in June 2005.
- According to this act, we have the right to know about the function of the government.
- Right to education. This act was passed in 2009.
- According to this act the government responsible for providing free and compulsory education to children of 6 to 14 years.
- The right to property became a legal right.
New right given by South Africa to it citizen, Explain.
- The right to privacy is given to South African people.
- Right to an environment that is not harmful to their legal.
- The right to have access to adequate housing.
- The right to access health care service.
- They have the right to get emergency medical.
About- Democratic Rights class 9 notes
In Democratic Rights class 9 notes we explain everything in detail, so read this notes completely and I hope you like this notesand if like then thing please give your valuable feedback in the comment box what improvement we need to Democratic rights class 9 notes.
Read other chapter notes…
Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes | Civics
Electoral Politics Class 9 Notes | Civics
The French Revolution Class 9 Notes | History
People as a Resource Class 9 Notes | Economics
The Story of Village Palampur Class 9 Notes | Economics
Poverty as a Challenge Class 9 Notes | Economics
Food Security in India Class 9 Notes | Economics
Food Security in India Class 9 Notes | Economics
India Size and Location Class 9 Notes | Geography
Drainage Class 9 Notes | Geography
Climate Class 9 Notes | Geography
Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Class 9 Notes | Geography
Population Class 9 Notes | Geography